There is nothing awesome-r than a recipe that’s easy to make AND tasty. Usually it’s one or the other, which is why this recipe has made it to the top of my list. I can’t think of anything simpler than three ingredients and few things are better than nutella (don’t even try).
The first time my daughter and I made these I was skeptical the recipe would actually work. It did so now you too have a go-to Nutella dessert. You’re welcome. You can make these mini or regular sized, either one works, I just happen to like mini everything. Also, as a side note, the Cocoa Almond Spread from Trader Joe’s is an awesome substitute for Nutella. Never the same, but pretty darn close if you’re ever in a bind.
- 1 1/2 cup nutella
- 2 eggs
- 10 tablespoons flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a mini muffin pan (or regular sized muffin pan) with cupcake liners.
- Whisk 1 cup of the nutella and eggs until you have a smooth consistency.
- Add the flour and whisk until well incorporated and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan.
- Bake for about 11 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out a bit gooey and crumbly. DO NOT over bake!
- Heat the remaining 1/2 cup of nutella in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- With a spoon or mini spatula, drizzle the warm nutella over each cupcake and smooth.
- Top with toasted sliced almonds or hazelnuts.